Risk Controller (181101-11) - CCBSA Horizontal
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Motivated individual with a high level of integrity and confidentiality. Capable of communicating and resolving specific problems at all levels and ability to work independently.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal, above average report writing skills required.
• Able to conceptualise in respect of future problem areas and initiate remedial action. Astute and resourceful.
• Logical, systematic and capable of investigating serious incidents, to limit exposure, protect employees, assets and image and capable to problem solve – facilitate root cause analysis reviews.
• Highly observant and analytical.
• Capable of completing audits and setting standards in respect of the various risk management disciplines – operate independently.
• Able to provide management with effective support in risk control disciplines and implement corrective action and where applicable quick decision making.
• Sound practical knowledge of IR disciplinary proceedings and hearings.
• Sound knowledge of law, criminal procedure and civil litigation matters.
Skills, Experience & Education
• Advanced Risk Management Programme – UNISA;
• National Diploma: Police Management;
• National Diploma: Safety Management;
• Safety, Health and Environment lead auditors training. (Accredited institute)
• Incident Investigation Course – NOSA/Accredited Institute
• Internal Auditing Course – NOSA/Accredited Institute
• Formal Risk Identification and Assessment Techniques
• Training - Accredited Institute.
• Formal Fire Prevention Training (FPA or equivalent)
• 2 to 5 years practical risk management experience having worked within an industrial or FMCG environment.
• This should have included accountability for Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental management, Security Management, investigating serious crime including theft and fraud, case docket compilation for external criminal and internal disciplinary hearings, Dust/Gas/Sugar Explosion/Fire protection, Environmental ISO 14001 compliance etc.
• Experience in implementing and managing NOSA integrated systems.
• NQF registered trainer in Health & Safety.
• Sound knowledge of risk financing and insurance matters.
• Sound knowledge of dealing with IR issues.
Closing date: 2018/11/09
APPLY FOR THIS JOB