Junior HR Business Partner
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
The HR business partner (HRBP) will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
DUITES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Build and maintain relationships with Line Managers.
2. Provide support and assistance to employees.
3. Conduct weekly meetings with respective business units
4. Consult with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate. Analyse trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
5. Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations where applicable
6. Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal
department as needed/required.
7. Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions).
8. Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
9. Collaborate with management to develop contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
10. Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
11. Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
12. Participate in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follow up to ensure training objectives are met.
13. Complete skills development reports (WSP and ATR), Employment equity-EE consulting, EE committee meetings, developing and maintaining of EE
14. Plan and completing EE Reports
15. Counsel employees and engage in progress consultations • Discipline Management (drafting charges, assisting management with issuing of warning letters)
16. Facilitate appeal Hearings • Performance Management (facilitation, addressing Poor Work Performance)
17. Incapacity Management (facilitation of Ill health, Addiction and Injury cases)
18. Assist management with interpretation and translation of Labour Legislation
19. Personnel Information Management
20. Develop job profiles/descriptions and preparing personal development plans for managers.
21. Coordinate PDP and Performance reviews
22. Consolidate payroll inputs as submitted by different business units
23. Prepare statutory reports
24. Submit Weekly report to HR Manager
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us 14 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
1. Diploma/ Degree in Human Resources Management or / equivalent
2. Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
3. Knowledge of VIP
4. 3-5 years operational experience in Human Resource is essential;
5. A good understanding and knowledge in different specialist areas related to Employee Relations, Learning & Development, Performance Management, Talent Acquisition and Resourcing;
6. Knowledge of the Employment Equity Act, Skills Development Act, Labour Relations Act, Basic Conditions of Employment Act and all other applicable legislation.
7. Knowledge of SETA landscape and National Human Resource Strategy.
8. Experience in developing and managing a Performance Management Infrastructure
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
1. Strong analytical, organisational and mediation skills.
2. Report writing skills
3. Influencing and negotiation skills
4. Good command of English language, spoken and verbal
5. Excellent communicator internal and external
6. Ability to meet conflicting deadlines
7. Be flexible and able to work in an ever changing, pressurised environment
8. Confidentiality and professionalism
9. Ethical and trustworthy
10. Engaging and approachable
11. Committed to ongoing continuous professional development
12. Attention to detail
Job Type: Permanent
Company Name: Signa Group
Company Location: Gauteng
Application contact details
Call us: NA
Contact Person: Bathandwa
Application Closing Date: Monday, September 17, 2018
Fax Number: NA
Remuneration: 180 - 252K per annum
Send CV to: [email protected]