Technician: End User Computing (Level-2 Field Services)
SUMMARY AND PRIMARY OBJECTIVES
A LEVEL 2 FIELD SERVICES TECHNICIAN is responsible for responding and solving desktop related hardware, software and peripheral calls assigned via ACSA Service Desk or Service Delivery Manager within the prescribed SLA timeframe.
SCOPE OF WORK: DELIVERABLES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
Provisioning end user equipment includes but is not limited to the following:
• Building of new and used workstations using the ACSA image.
• Provide feedback on any image deployment or workstation configuration issues so that they can remediated by the configuration management team.
• Ensuring all user data is backed up and restored appropriately with user sign off.
• Collection and delivery of end user equipment from end to end (store rooms to end users).
• Ensuring equipment is kept secure at all times to prevent theft, loss or damage.
• Ensuring assets are tagged and tracked in asset database according to ACSA standards.
• Ensuring asset database is kept accurate in accordance with SLA.
• Maintain operational support procedures
• Adhere to standard security processes and procedures
• Manage queues for incidents, service requests ensure SLA is met.
• Report adhoc and monthly on equipment deployment.
• CompTIA A+, CompTIA Remote Support
• Desktop and End-User Microsoft Windows experience (essential)
• CompTIA N+ Beneficial
• ITIL v3 Foundation Certification or an overview or understanding thereof
• Computer technology Fundamentals
• Minimum of 1 years of experience performing desktop related troubleshooting
• Basic network knowledge and experience (essential)
1. Personal Attributes and Skills Required
• Ability to think and interact logically
• A natural curiosity
• The ability to work in a team and to be proactive around self-learning
• The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Willingness to assist with additional tasks given to the team
• Interpersonal skills
• Good judgment skills
• Good communication skills
• Behavioral traits such as attitude, motivation and time management
• Be prepared to perform standby duties and work irregular hours if required
• Own vehicle and valid driver’s license
• Standby and overtime may be expected.
(NB: Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful)
Job Type: Contract
Company Name: Stortech
Company Location Gauteng
Application contact details
Application Closing Date: Sunday, September 9, 2018
Remuneration: Not Specified
Send CV to: [email protected]