Trainee Accountant Jobs: Real Estate
1. Role summary
The Trainee Accountant will join a growing team providing a full suite of fund accounting and financial reporting services to our Real Estate fund clients. The role will include financial reporting, NAV reporting and fund administration duties, such that the candidate is involved in all aspects of accounting and reporting services to our portfolio of Real Estate fund clients.
2. Key responsibilities
• Provide day-to-day fund accounting and financial reporting services to a portfolio of Real Estate clients and structures, ensuring compliance with internal policies and procedures;
• Ensuring that all day-to-day matters required to be completed are performed in a timely and satisfactory manner including monitoring tasks;
• Preparation of management accounts and financial statements in compliance with GAAP (IFRS and UK GAAP);
• Preparation of NAV calculations, capital call workings and distribution workings of the Funds;
• Liaison with local accountants and/or Property Managers in relation to accounting for property-level transactions;
• Working closely with the Real Estate Funds administration team to ensure that accounting records are accurate and transactions and activity within the portfolio are understood and incorporated into the accounting ledgers as appropriate;
• Preparation of group reporting packs;
• Supporting the audit process to ensure the completion of milestones and deadlines;
• Accurate time recording; and
• Perform other duties to support the Manager and team as may be necessary from time-to-time.
3. Skills / experience required
• Commerce degree with:
o Financial Accounting 3;
o Taxation 1;
o Auditing 1 or Internal Auditing 2 or Internal Control & Code of Ethics;
o Corporate Law 1 or Commercial Law 2; and
o Management Accounting.
• Proficient in MS Excel;
• Structural and detail orientated;
• Good analytical and problem solving skills;
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
• Ability to prioritise work and meet strict deadlines;
• Excellent communication and organisation skills;
• Motivated and driven; and
• Financial sector and Fund knowledge will be a distinct advantage.
4. About Sanne
SANNE is a leading global provider of alternative asset and corporate administration services. Established for over 25 years and listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange, SANNE engages with over 1, 200 people worldwide and has in excess of £200 billion assets under administration.
As leaders in our field, SANNE delivers tailored fiduciary services to a highly valued international client base through a global network of regulated businesses within 15 leading financial jurisdictions.
Each specialist business is led by directors with extensive asset and market experience who are in turn supported by multifunctional teams aligned to the specific requirements of each client, across one accredited platform.
Job Type: Permanent
Company Name: Sanne Fund Services SA (Pty) Ltd
Company Location: Western Cape
Application contact details
Contact Person: Jason
Fax Number: 214021600
Send CV to: email@example.com