IT Support Technician Job – Durban
The Management College of Southern Africa (MANCOSA), a DHET registered and CHE accredited private higher education distance education provider, offering undergraduate and postgraduate business qualifications, has the following vacancy available.
The IT Support Technician will be responsible for hardware and software support of desktop computer systems and servers located at the Johannesburg office as well as providing remote support to regional offices.
CORE FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
• Provide 1st and 2nd line User Desktop Support, Troubleshooting, Helpdesk to RSA and SADC regional offices (±200 users).
• Software Support: Installation and troubleshooting of Software, Pastel Partner, Access Control Software (Impro), Softline VIP Payroll, Digidoc flow Document Management Software, Google Apps, Metrofile dataStore EDMS, Sage Pastel Evolution and MS Sequel support. Must have Veeam experience as well as Firewall experience.
• Must have had exposure to Mimecast portal policy administration
• Computer hardware and server support, repairs and upgrades.
• 1st & 2nd Line Desktop, LAN Support in order to setup user desktops, notebooks, email configuration and troubleshooting, multifunction printer configuration and troubleshooting, PC Tablet troubleshooting, basic network cabling and network switch support, wireless network support and troubleshooting.
• Provide technical support during workshop lectures, tuition centre IT support during examinations and weekends which include Audio/Visual support.
• Keeping up to date with the latest technologies and solutions.
• IT asset tracking and documentation.
• Office administration functions include filing, communicating with suppliers and processing of payments.
• An A+ and N+ or equivalent IT Diploma/Degree with 2 – 3 years’ experience in computer hardware and networking.
• Microsoft Operating Systems XP and above
• Microsoft Office Packages 2003 and above
• Additional experience will be advantageous:
• MCSE qualification and 2 – 3 years Microsoft domain environment experience. Preferably 2nd – 3rd level capabilities.
• Microsoft Exchange 2010 and higher: Minimum experience 2nd line setup and support.
• Strong knowledge and experience of Virtual Servers especially Windows Hyper-V Environment
• Apple OS knowledge/ iOS / Android and Mobile smart devices setup and support
• 2nd line level of Networking, cabling and Managed/Unmanaged switch support.
• 1st line Wireless infrastructure configuration and setup.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Highly level of problem solving skills
• Work well independently and as part of a team
• Stress management skills
• Time management
• Proactive attitude
• Honesty and integrity
• Excellent written and verbal communication/reporting skills
• Be able to interact on a professional level with staff, management and students
• Job Flexibility to work on weekends and after hours when required.
Job Type: Contract
Company Name: MANCOSA
Company Location: Durban
Application contact details
Application Closing Date: Tuesday, August 21, 2018
Send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org