Duty Manager, Cape Town CBD
Submitted by The recruitment... on Fri, 2018-07-06 15:50
Reporting to: Rooms Division Manager
Hours: Full time Shift position
Top 5 star hotel is looking for Duty Manager to join their team
Salary to be discussed during the interview
Purpose of the position
The duty manager is expected to provide a support function to various departments in relation to the guest needs and requirements as well as maintain the exceptional customer service standards expected in accordance with Hotels and Resorts Policies and Procedures
Responsibilities & duties
- Adherence to company workplace policies, rules, procedures and standards.
- Conduct quarterly performance appraisals of staff.
- Monitor staff's compliance to Job Profiles.
- Investigate and address cases of misconduct and incapacity.
- Assess efficiency of Department's Standard Operating Procedures and amend if necessary.
- Assess compliance to standards and conduct on-the-job guidance / training to address gaps.
- Supply and co-ordinate effective training to enable all Guest Services staff to carry out their duties as required
- Roster staff according to business levels.
- Book transport for staff rostered (if applicable).
- Manage working hours and attendance of staff - keep Attendance Register.
- Payroll Input form and Tip Schedule (if applicable) to be completed and handed to HR.
- At all times be aware of required output-based performance standards. Ensure the professional running of the day-to-day Guest Services operation with all Service
Standards in line with Hotels and Resorts Policies and Resorts.
- For ultimate guest satisfaction
- Liaise with other departments and associates to ensure the smooth running of Rooms Division
- In addition to performing essential functions, the position may require the performance of a combination of supportive functions.
- Possess job specific systems-knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Familiar with local health and safety codes and regulations.
Qualifications & Experience
· Minimum 2 years' experience working in hotel and/ or similar position.
Support Functions to build Organisational Relationships:
- Depending on business levels, assistance at the front desk will be required to check in/check out guests and reprogram guest key cards.
- MS Word/Office, Microsoft excel and Outlook.
Safety & Security:
- Recognize and report potential safety hazards
- Recognize and report potential security problems or issues
- Understands and follows policies and procedures with regards to the hotel's key control system and ensure that others follow them.
Requirements and Competencies
- Preference will be given to South African citizens
- Professional and pleasant disposition
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills essential.
- Strong planning and organizing skills to meet deadlines with regards to operational requirements essential
- Strong and effective communication, problem solving and decision making skills at all levels essential
- Proven excellent and conflict management skills
- Strong administration skills - payroll input, staff rostering, training
- Effective planning, assigning and delegations of tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work within a pressurized environment
- Quality and customer service driven
- Ability to use Initiative and be proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to work without supervision and within a team
- Ensure that the standards of service excellence and guest satisfaction are met and maintained
- Attention to detail pertaining to area of responsibility
- Maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance as per company standards
Please send your CV in Word format with a recent photo of yourself and any reference letters you have from previous jobs
Job Type: Permanent
Company Name: The Recruitment Specialists
Company Location: Cape Town
Application contact details
Call us: +27 825224299
Contact Person: Anel Radaelli
Application Closing Date: Friday, August 3, 2018
Remuneration: Market related
Send CV to: anel.61999B1A6.firstname.lastname@example.org