Procurement Leader Centurion, Gauteng
Want to make a difference in our world by meeting the challenges of feeding and powering a growing planet?
Enjoy a challenging and fulfilling career with an international employer. Pioneer Hi-Bred International has business operations in more than 90 countries, and is committed to increasing food production with high quality Pioneer brand products and agronomic knowledge that maximizes agricultural productivity. By combining conventional and advanced plant genetics, Pioneer is delivering solutions to help meet the needs of a growing population’s demand for agricultural seed.
The Procurement Leader is responsible for developing and implementing sourcing strategy and plans to improve competitive position and achieve business goals. The Procurement Professional should be recognized internally and externally as an expert on the supply chain for the commodities under his/her direct responsibility. This position requires an understanding of the technology life cycle, specifications, scopes of work, timing, quantity leverage, regional laws and practices, market dynamics and drivers, supplier capability and best sourcing practices to develop and implement competitively advantaged sourcing plans.
• Develop category management strategies for commodities to improve the organizations competitive position,
• Negotiate, prepare and execute procurement agreements by:
(1) understanding implications of contract language collecting demand forecast from each business,
(2) understanding quality, responsible care and supply chain impacts,
(3) understanding industry supply/demand dynamics, labor/market rates and applying to sourcing strategies
(4) understanding regulatory drivers which are key to the supply chain and
(5) understanding price history and drivers,
• Evaluate mix of “in-house” versus 3rd party service providers,
• Apply procurement tools, practices, and systems to enable efficient negotiations,
• Create and implement procurement strategy,
• Develop strong partnerships with the Organizations business leadership and work with the global business and regions to understand and analyze needs, identify supply alternatives and select reliable global suppliers to deliver high quality and lowest cost products and services,
• Develop strong partnerships with suppliers and create access at the highest levels of our suppliers’ management,
• Develop and drive performance to ensure all Organizatio's business needs are being met. Benchmark externally to ensure quality, price, service and procurement processes meet world class standards.
• Participate in industry groups and functions to better understand how others are applying sourcing competencies for assigned commodities and, where applicable, to influence industry rules, practices and regulations.
• Higher technical or business degree,
• Strong knowledge of sourcing and logistics best practices, policies and legal contracting,
• Experience in procuring direct materials (raw materials/ energy/packaging/ external manufacturing) or indirect services is required,
• Previous experience in such industries like agriculture / biotechnology / chemicals / pharmaceuticals or food would be a plus,
• Experience with and knowledge of commodity markets,
• Able to work independently in a matrix organization,
• Strategic thinking capability and extensive negotiations experience,
• Strong influence skills,
• Strong leadership and team building skills,
• High ethical standards,
• Demonstrated ability to generate annual savings,
• Excellent computer skills - especially Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint and other MS package with the ability to analyse, manipulate, and parse data quickly and effectively,
• Excellent communications skills; both oral and written for communication at all levels of the organization,
• This position will report to the Europe, Middle East and Africa Regional Sourcing Leader;
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.