Administrative Officer Job Vacancies, 2
CLOSING DATE 20.07.2018
REFERENCE NUMBER NRG 51/18 Ext
SALARY R305 050 p.a. (T11)
DEPARTMENT Electricity Generation and
- Grade 12
- Up to 5 years relevant administrative experience
- Knowledge of MS Office Applications & SAP.
- Code EB driving license
Key Performance Areas
- Ensure proper asset management by coordinating
quarterly stock taking audits in terms of legislations and
- Interacting with administration officers located in the
regions with a view to consolidating, referring and
responding to specific problems and clarifying procedural
interpretation and understanding.
- Advising certain officials on matters regarding burglary and
thefts, safeguarding of equipment etc. Updating asset
registers in the event of write-offs/acquisitions and
- Arranging for condemnation, write-offs and disposal of
assets and ensuring that newly acquired assets are barcoded
and recorded in the register.
- Performing in-depth investigations into various theft/loss
and misappropriation/abuse of assets and ensuring that
recommendations regarding disciplinary action and/or
preventative action to eliminate a recurrence have been
- Processing and submitting of Asset Movement
documentation in respect of stolen, lost or damaged assets
to ensure that the assets register is amended accordingly.
- Processing and submitting of Asset Capture documentation
in respect of newly acquired/bar-coded assets to ensure
that the assets register is amended accordingly.
- Capturing and extracting information on the SAP system
such as interrogating the Assets Register in respect of asset
bar-codes and locations etc.
- Inserting, tracking progress and moving or merging fields on
databases to maintain records.
- Updating policies, practices and procedures within the
Department e.g. safeguarding/tracking of assets etc.
- Attending to and identifying the type/method of thefts
being perpetrated and forwarding reports to the respective
Branches and Depots for comment and/or
How to Apply
External candidates: APPLY ON LINE VIA
Internal staff: APPLY ON LINE VIA SAP PORTAL
Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of
appointment is received within three months of the closing date,
they must accept that their applications were unsuccessful.